Did you that there is a branch of dentistry specifically designed for our youth called pediatric dentistry? Pediatricians often spend many years in school after their dental schooling is finished to learn what it takes to be a pediatrician. For more information about pediatric dentistry, consider the following:
– There are many adult services that are also effective for children, including orthodontic care and X-rays.
– Pediatrics emphasizes fixing oral health ailments in children, and just as importantly, preparing your child for a lifetime of effective oral health care.
– Pediatricians have received supplementary training beyond regular dentistry, which normally lasts for 2-3 years in addition to general dentistry.
– Pediatricians can prescribe treatments for children who suffer from baby bottle tooth decay, thumb sucking, and teething.
– Pediatricians are well trained in a range of treatments for the continued development of your child’s oral health care.
– Pediatric dentistry is the emphasis of oral health care for younger individuals, including infants, children, and even special needs patients.
For any additional questions or concerns about pediatric dentistry, our pediatrician in Chico, California, is here to help you with all your oral health needs. For a complete diagnosis from Dr. Sukyoung Ahn and our team, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at 530-342-0104. Visit us today, and enjoy the season with a smile!